BEGINNERS COOKERY COURSE
Can’t Cook? No Worries! We’ll teach you how to cook delicious food for yourself and your friends.
Cookery Classes for Novices
With a maximum of 8 attendees, the classes offer individual attention. This is a course for brand new cooks, covering the absolute basics of cooking, soups and main courses, pastry and desserts. (Those with some basic cookery skills already should try the Cooking with Confidence Cookery Classes which covers some of the professional skills that are found in the toolbox of a professional chef).
Fun, relaxing and enjoyable hands on practical cookery classes
For those who have never cooked, we offer an introduction to cookery skills and a range of basic recipes on which you can build. Setting up home or heading off to University can be very daunting, but the thought of having to cook and fend for yourself can be one problem easily solved.
However our students include retired business people who have never cooked in their lives, busy techies from the Silicon Docks who aren’t quite sure what a kitchen is but want to give up processed food and people who were never interested in cookery, but have recently caught the bug.
There is no better way to learn than through the hands on cooking of simple and easy meals with an experienced teacher. You will of course get to try all the dishes that you cook and take them home together with all the recipes for the food prepared. All our classes also come with the full backup of our cookery advice service.
Some Menu Examples
- Leek and Potato Soup – A winter warmer and Irish traditional comfort food which always gets tons of compliments from greedy recipients.
- Chilli con Carne or Spaghetti Bolognese – the best dishes to serve to friends for a casual get-together
- Traditional Tomato Sauce – a basic building block for dozens of different dishes.
- Chicken Cacciatore – the classic Italian hunter gatherer stew – a delicious one pot dinner.
- Stir-fried Beef with Ginger Our favourite stir-fry recipe, quick, healthy, easy and adaptable.
- Fish Pie – A 21st century take on the Friday family penitential pie
- Apple Crumble An all-time favourite of those hankering after the ultimate quick and easy dessert.
- Eton Mess Traditionally made by a Labrador in the back of a Volvo on the 4th July
- Chocolate Brownies – a treat that always delights!
- Pumpkin seed soda bread – trigger a sense of wellbeing with the scent of freshly baked bread
Our beginners cookery classes help you gain the confidence that you will need to eat healthily and within a budget,
and you will learn a range of different basic cooking techniques.