PRACTICAL COOKING CLASSES
Ever thought about cooking classes for wellness?
Recipes for Healthy & Delicious Food
Give your dinner a makeover – healthy, versatile, & delicious these fresh foodie ideas are packed with zingy flavour and kind to your heart and your waistline.
Just before Covid we were honoured to work Leinster Rugby and the Leinster Women’s Squad teaching them healthy recipes. We can’t promise that you will become a Byrne, O’Brien or Sexton, but eating healthy food that you have cooked will help!
With a maximum of 8 attendees, the classes offer individual attention. This practical evening cookery course covers salads, pulses, nuts, soups and marinades. You cook a two course meal for two which you then take home.
Healthy eating know-how with practical cooking tips
This is not designed to be a no holds barred, sandals and sackcloth, full on healthy eating course. Coming from a tradition that uses brandy, butter and cream, I have designed this course to be a gentle introduction to reduce fatty intake, as well as cholesterol and to decrease the amount of calories, sugar and salt, at the same time as increasing fibre.
It includes products which have intrinsic or natural health benefits such as oil rich fish (omega 3) and berries, and added health value products such as natural yoghurts, vegetables and fruit.
It is all about interesting and enjoyable healthy food. This course is suitable for vegetarians and on nights when a fish or meat is the main course a vegetarian alternative will be available.
Some of these recipes are slightly adapted and simplified from modern classic chefs such as Yotam Ottolenghi . Their dishes are really delicious, but often need lots of work. Hours spent preparing a dish that will be wolfed down in minutes. What we do is simplify the recipes so that they are still delicious, but a lot easier. The menus covered in these cookery classes can be adapted for gluten free, vegan or vegetarian diets.
Some of the dishes covered in the course:
- Miso Salmon, Pickled Cucumber
- Asian Fish Parcels
- Spiced Chicken, peanut, & lime sauce
- Caribbean Chicken – Sweet Potatoes, Chickpeas, Spinach , Spices
- Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
- Soda bread with dillisk and seeds
- Shakshuka Eggs
- Endame Avo Mash
- Super Green Fritters
- DahlChickpea/Squash Tomato and Cumin Soup
- Super Salad – Quinoa, Edamame Beans, Butternut Squash, Avocado, Chai Seeds, Pomegranate.
- Spicy Roast Chickpeas
- Ottolenghi Sweet Potatoes with Spring Onion, Chilli, Figs, & a Balsamic Glaze
- Roast Cauliflower in Cumin, Coriander and Seeds
- Sweet Potato & Quinoa Patties
- Raspberry Yoghurt Ice Cream
- Protein Balls
- Oat, Apricot, Honey & Chai Seed Squares